[NTLK] OT: iPod hard drive blue foam, does one need it?

Mr Jonathan Dueck jonathandueck at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 18 18:42:40 EDT 2013

Thanks everyone! So: motion control!

What do you think of taking a thin layer of cardboard and putting it in there for this purpose? I saw someone tried that with the CF conversion others have mentioned here. I've got no foam!

I didn't try the old drive with a new cable, but I did try running diskutils on it on a Mac, Linux, and PC box, and I tried Diskwarrior. Intermittently it worked and usually it froze the machine it was plugged into after a brief interval. Putting in a new drive though immediately made the unit work reliably, so I don't think it was the cable.