[NTLK] Einstein on Android Tablets

Aaron Brigati abrigati at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 06:06:50 EDT 2013

On Jun 25, 2013, at 11:28 PM, rcmpmike wrote:

> Thank you for that information Aaron. I REALLY want to go back to using NewtOS but on more practical / updated hardware thus the
> reason for wanting to get an Android tablet.
> Does the stylus work well?  This is really important for me since I have always loved using the Newton's concept of handling
> information.

I don't use a stylus with my Transformer, but writing with my fingertip the handwriting seems to work at least as well as on my MP2000U. The actual drawing of the line is a bit 'chunkier' - I don't know how else to describe it - but the lines follow my finger accurately, and the HWR picks up the letters quickly.

I have the screen refresh rate set to 'medium'. I could probably turn it up (the Transformer is a quad-core 1.6 GHz) and smooth it out, but I never saw a reason to.

Worth noting: Einstein for Android does NOT work with the hardware keyboard on my Asus.

Also note that Einstein drains the tablet's battery fairly quickly. It's a pretty demanding program to run.