[NTLK] 3D Printing a Battery Tray

Dana Gray dalexgray at mac.com
Mon Mar 18 11:03:42 EDT 2013

Dear NewtonTalk Users,
	Hi, I'm Alex.  I'm new to the list.  I'm a long-time classic Mac user and suddenly had an urge to try out Newton.
	The Newton I found only came with a nearly-dead battery pack so I hunted around and came up with Davis Remmel's brilliant idea–print your own!  I uploaded the design to Shapeways but was just informed this morning that they could not print the design because the walls were too thin.  Here's the image they sent along as a bit of an explanation.  http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/6641/552807.jpg
	So I'm wondering, has anyone found a 3D printing service that can manage printing the battery tray?  Has anyone found that altering the design can make it printable at Shapeways?  Specifically I was thinking of closing the 3 holes in the tray to give it more rigidity.
	Thanks, and I'm looking forward to meeting all of you,
Alex
Dana Alexander Gray
dalexgray at mac.com
http://dalexgray.com