[NTLK] Compiling a big Newton package

Vladislav Korotnev vladkorotnev at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 12:50:39 EDT 2013

BTW, if anyone is curious, I want to get this running:  http://vladkorotnev.me/badnewt.mov
Took me some time to find out the settings to make it readable on OS9 and by Realbasic 5.
Some more to figure out the right colour depth and FPS (the challenge thing was that it would be with ANY sound and at least 15 FPS).

>  For a 320x200 image in 16 grays, that would be 320x200x4/8 = 32k per image.
Is it possible to set it to 1bit depth then? Somehow at least?
I have not implemented any image compression in the Movie Converter (2013 edition) myself as well, maybe if it's possible to tell NTK somehow, or it's ok to do it just by saving a 1bit 320x240 in the RSRC? Yet still it's about 9600 bytes per frame. But still…

I am asking this not to flood the list, but because I really don't know, so please excuse me once again

~ Vladislav Korotnev
http://vladkorotnev.github.com/
http://vladkorotnev.me
vladkorotnev at gmail.com