[NTLK] Einstein on Android question

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Wed Nov 13 02:18:50 EST 2013

On 12.11.2013, at 18:02, Brendan Nystedt <bnys at outlook.com> wrote:

> Hi NewtonTalkers,I'm a long-time Newton fan. Had an eMate 300 in grade school that continues to haunt me. I just can't find a mobile device that is quite as useful! Anyway. I'm an MP130 owner and I've also owned an MP2100 in the past that broke. Anyway...
> I have access to a Samsung Note 10.1 2013 version. I can't get the Einstein emulator to run. Both REX and ROM are in the right folder and labeled how I think they should be (Einstein.rex, 717006.rom) but Einstein just crashes. Any tips on how to get this running? Did I just mess up file naming? Is there a known issue with the debug images from UNNA?
> I'm thinking about grabbing the Tegra Note 7 for running the occasional Android app and also using as a Newton replacement—if I can get this running on the Note 10.1 I have at work first.
> Thanks for your help!-b

If you want to use the debug image, you need to construct a valid ROM out of those two debug files. Eggfreckler will do it for you if you are on OS X:

http://eggfreckles.org/EggFreckler_0.9.zip

The Rex that is mentioned is the Einstein Rex (not the Debug High Image) which you can download from googlecode in the Einstein downloads.

Hope that helps,

 - Matthias