[NTLK] I'v lost my soup index

Tony Kan tony.kan at clear.net.nz
Wed Sep 25 20:58:30 EDT 2013

See http://myapplenewton.blogspot.co.nz/2011/04/freezing-packages.html for a
list of packages.

[snip]

It does, but not "activated" on the UI.  All the various packages do is turn
on the ability to be called upon by the user in addition of other software.
Freezeman is another package that does this.  There are a lot of others but
the names exscape me at the moment.  Stand alone had a package that was just
to enable this feature.

After it is enabled you don't need the software that did it anymore.
Although some make freezing large swaths of packages easier via user created
lists.  Newtscase had a couple of packages for this that were really good,
best I ever saw for the Newt, but harder to acquire these days.  Not sure if
the author is contactable any more or not.  I haven't talked with him in
probably 7 or 8 years.

-Dan