[NTLK] Einstein Xcode project cleanup

Steven Frank stevenf at panic.com
Thu Dec 4 17:10:22 EST 2014

Thanks for all the info.  It sounds like you are in the middle of some pretty hairy stuff and I'm not sure I'd be capable of helping with it without just being in the way.  I'll keep looking for stuff around the edges that I can contribute.

One other question I had about Einstein: It allocates 2 banks of 4 MB flash storage for a total of 8 MB.  As we know, a real MP2100 has 4 MB total flash storage.  Does Einstein have more just "because we can" or is there some other reason?  On a real MP2100, does it map out as a single 4 MB bank or 2 x 2MB banks or ...?

Finally, I was noting on your wishlist an interest in learning more about some of the large data blocks in the ROM.  I remembered that I had a license for the Hopper Disassembler, and used symbols.txt as the basis of a script to symbolicate the ROM inside a Hopper database.  This should allow us some interesting abilities, such as being able to see what functions reference which data blocks, and so on.  The script was still running when I left work yesterday and I haven't made it back to see the final result yet... but soon!

Steven