[NTLK] OT: Vroom vroom

Chris Browder kcfoxie at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 08:33:11 EST 2014

I want to opine about holding a garages hand. My current new classic is a 2003 beetle convertible. Over engineered as all volkswagens are, this car has "wings" or better put body panels/flaps that loft up at an angle from the side panel of the car to cover the top frame when the top is put down. It is purely Aesthetic in nature. Well I paid someone to reclip the headliner to the side rails because they dragged across these panels and I feared breaking them. Third top operation with repaired headliner and crunch...passenger wing was crushed by the in tact headliner.

I now wonder if previous owner broke those clips to prevent this.

But my opine is that the dealer couldn't locate the parts to repair said headliner clips. If it wasn't for community forums and online catalogues I never would have gotten the part numbers. And they still outsourced the actual repair to some guy who never called me back with a quote on this to begin with.

Luckily the new broken part isn't outrageous and I can just remove them for the time being. I will replace it myself this time.

I wonder if I'll rebreak my first repair?

Sent from my iPhone