[NTLK] Cars that should get you automatic membership

Andrei Chichak newton at chichak.ca
Fri Jan 24 17:56:43 EST 2014

On 2014-January-24, at 3:34 PM, Tom Zahm <tpzahm at newted.org> wrote:

> I'd like to nominate any Saab.
>
> High quality, different, generally ahead of it's time, and with us no more.

I really, really want to like SAAB (my brother picked up a Sonnett, way cool. And as an electronics/automotive geek I really admire their engine electronics), but I really can't get past the connection with GM.

The service network here (Canada, where SAABs would just make sense) was such crap. You had to go down to your GM dealer and deal with the knuckle draggers to get your SAABs and Isuzus fixed. They didn't even know they were the network, let alone not knowing what to do with something that didn't have a small block LS blah blah blah was. No thanks.

Andrei

Andrei Chichak

'62 Morris Mini Traveller w/ 1275 'S engine
'97 Volvo 855 358,000 km
'99 VW Golf 130,000 km