[NTLK] Geek Alert: NewtonOS

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Sun Jul 6 08:07:52 EDT 2014

On Saturday, July 5, 2014, Matthias Melcher <mm at matthiasm.com> wrote:

> What does that mean for Einstein?
>
> If I manage to implement this, we have enough code and knowledge to
> translate the entire ROM into native code. This could even be automated,
> generating convoluted, but working code (speed factor of 10, I would
> assume). With the entire ROM in native code, we can use debuggers and all
> the other nice tools to optimize whatever we feel is important in the code
> (spped factor of 100 and more possible).

This is excellent news. And, if you are able to automate the conversion of
ROM to native code, that will make it _far_ easier for the rest of us
developers to jump in and help rewrite them to make sense, be well
commented, and be implemented uniquely to Einstein and therefore not be in
copyright violation.

> Thanks for reading my ramblings ;-)

Thanks for your continued delve into the ROM and work on Einstein!

--
Morgan
---