[NTLK] Sleeping Newtie

Jeff Sheldon jeffsheldon at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 01:00:03 EDT 2014

It's been 8 years since my last post to Newtontalk.

Looks like in that time:

- Einstein lost some development steam, then got picked back up.

- Very impressed with the existence and health of myapplenewton.blogspot.com

- I've been seeing some comments about a "USB hack".

- I like the @NewtonTalk twitterfeed.  Hope the list ops don't mind
that I registered #newtontalk on FreeNode.

- Some recent retrospective articles about the Newton online.

- A ROM card reader has been built from scratch.

- Some speculation about patent expiration.

- A couple more conferences have taken place

Any exciting news or clever hardware tricks that I've overlooked?
After unpacking all my Newton goodies from deep freeze, I've only
flipped on the eMate thus far.  Took about 15 minutes to guess the
right security code.  I have tons of MessagePad parts and crumpled
Sharp documents all over the floor in the other room, so I guess
things are back to normal.

-Jeff