[NTLK] FS: Wallstreet and non-working Newton 130

Lloyd Conway doc_retro at juno.com
Tue Jun 24 21:17:27 EDT 2014

Greetings, All:
     After much thought, and in the face of the fact that I just don’t get around to using them much anymore, I’ve decided to offer The List first crack at my working Wallstreet and non-working Newton 130.  The specs:
Powerbook Wallstreet:  292 Mhz processor, 512 MB RAM, 6 GB HDD, OS 9.2.2, loaded with software including Office 2001 (with a program that allows for .docx conversion purchased a few years ago for $20) and a treasure-load of software.  The previous owner was either a student or professor at Brown University and they left a mother-lode of scientific and musical software, along with stuff like full, licensed editions of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.  It boots from a 1.2GB flash PCMCIA card with 9.2.2 on it.  I’m also including a Dell TruMobile 1150 wifi card which runs off installed ‘OriNoco’ drivers.The screen’s good, I have CD, floppy and Zip 100 drives for it.  the battery used to hold two hours+ when I bought it two years ago, but the dead PRAM battery has led to substantially less now - a nominal charge, basically.  Cosmetically, the case has some scratches and some worn spots, but you’ve probably seen worse.  The power supply works fine.
     The Newt is in fair condition physically.  it has one scratch on the screen that’s noticeable, normal wear otherwise.  The power switch is hard to manipulate and it no longer powers on.  the cover, battery door and stylus are present.  The (‘senior moment’ - can’t think of the correct name) watch battery that acts like a PRAM batt was new a year ago.  No battery pack or AAs included.It’s a repair/parts unit.
     For a US buyer, I am asking $100, shipped.  For international, $80 plus whatever the shipping is.
     I’d probably not sell the Wallstreet under normal conditions, but I am raising funds to support a local millage campaign, and the domestic Finance Dept. is telling me no more funding is available, so here I am.
     Please reply off-List to ‘doc_retro at juno.com’ with your interest.  Note:  I’m on vacation June 30 to July 6 so it would ship on the 8th of we don’t settle right away.  Thanks to all for your interest.
Regards,
-Lloyd Conway
 Charlotte, Michigan