[NTLK] Sending notes as (contemporary) graphic file formats via email

Dave Mee davemee at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 19:10:00 EDT 2014

Hello, non-unsubscribers!

I'm coming to the end of a six-month journey, getting a working Newton online and as a useful part of my workflow. Using a heady mix of MailV for outbound and inet for inbound mail,  I got everything working with my host.

Over the weekend, I must have reconfigured my mail settings about 20 times. In hindsight, I can identify a few points where correct configurations have appeared to not work, due to settings changes being lost and other random adverse activity. Now, I have in and outbound working again.

I noticed, at one point, when I had both MailV and inet configured, there was an option on the 'send' slip to specify how graphics were to be encoded: as a newton drawing or as a net-native format, .gif as I recall. However, this option appears to have disappeared. I have no idea how to get it back again, and I'd really like to use it!

Does this ring any bells for anyone? I'm using the paper stationary package with MailV. I can't think of what else it might be - does anyone have any idea what might have caused this, or better still, how to remedy it?

Dave