[NTLK] [Admin] Yahoo has broken our mailing list (and every other list too)

Ken Whitcomb ken at imageguild.com
Thu May 8 11:42:50 EDT 2014

Hi Frank,
The convention that mailing lists use is to pass mail showing the from address as the sending address. While the sender may have used any number of servers when sent to the list, the list server always uses itself when sending to all of the members.
Yahoo has historically been one of the most abused systems on the planet, (the general consensus being as a product of its own policies and practices but that's another discussion) and this move is a finger in the dike attempt to clean up its act. Likely a decision made in the Chamber of Unanticipated Consequences by the Department of Technical Ignorance.
Except for those that believe for any of a variety of reasons that they still need a yahoo account, it IS 2014, we have many choices in the marketplace, even multiple accounts.

Ken