[NTLK] [OT] Poutine in the oddest places (was: E on A)

Mark Bock markbvt at comcast.net
Thu May 8 19:37:44 EDT 2014

Poutine is a Quebecois thing, so I'm not surprised it hasn't made its
way to Vancouver. I am, however, very surprised it's made its way to
Redondo Beach.

Even here in northern Vermont (I live about 20 miles from the Quebec
border), poutine isn't very common, though more restaurants are adding it.

What's easier to find in a lot of other parts of the US is gravy &
cheese fries -- very similar to poutine, except that the cheese is
melted mozzarella, jack, or cheddar instead of cheese curds.

In Quebec, you can get poutine at McDonald's. And it's actually not bad.

--mark

On 5/8/14, 4:44 PM, iSpinn wrote:
>> You know what? I must be the only list member who has never had a chance to
>> try it. It doesn't appear to be available in Germany. Whenever I'm abroad
>> I'm keeping my eyes open for it. So far, however, in vain. Even when I was
>> in Vancouver for three days I didn't find any.
>
> I tried it for the first time in Redondo Beach, last year.<
> www.redondobeachcafe.com>  Who woulda thunk? I thought I'd have to make it
> to Montreal or some other cool, Canadian city.

. . . . .
mark bock
markbvt at comcast.net

"A youth who can't hit a cathedral at thirty yards with a Gatling gun in
three-quarters of an hour, can take up an old empty musket and bag his
grandmother every time, at a hundred."  --Mark Twain