[NTLK] Google, list replies, and highlighting

iSpinn ispinn at gmail.com
Fri May 9 12:40:25 EDT 2014

Google acts weird, or I'm not thinking straight.

I'm supposed to highlight a phrase, mash the "Arrr" key on the keyboard for
"Reply," and Google is supposed to insert only the copy I highlighted into
my reply response to the list, then sit and wait for my
intelligent^h^h^h^h^h^h input.

I was just about to send the last reply, when, for yucks, I clicked
Google's ellipses to display the entire contents of what Google had
copied-'n'-pasted into the body of the reply, and I was aghast to see, in
what I almost emailed to the list, all seven NTLK list messages quoted.

I put more than a fair amount of effort into snipping unrelated copy in the
texts I send and keeping my replies short and the list length succinct, but
when I see behavior like that it makes me really, really trust computers
even more...not.

Doug