[NTLK] LocalTalk Printing

Greg Hankins greg at greghankins.com
Tue Nov 11 13:27:00 EST 2014

Hi Kevin!
I use a two-part rig to get from my MacBook Pro running OS 10.9 to my HP Laserjet 6MP:

First, I have an AsantéTalk box that has a round serial port and a standard ethernet port and magic in between.

These were sold a lifetime warranty, and I have through several replacements, though not lately.
Second, I have an eMac running OS 10.5.8 that can still do Appletalk, so I share the printer from there, over a wifi network.

I also use the eMac to run earlier versions of Adobe apps that I prefer to the newer ones.

If the eMac ever dies, I have some other older hardware I could probably press into service. The printer is going strong-slow but dependable.

Greg
--
Greg Hankins
Town Creek, NC