[NTLK] iOSEinstein update

Stephen Hankins ghankins at mac.com
Sat Nov 1 11:27:36 EDT 2014

Hi Marisa (and all),

I updated my iPad mini to iOS 8.1 yesterday, installed the Einstein update this morning, added the ROM in iTunes, synced, and I am up and running.

It is a trip to see the Newton OS running on the Mini.

Speed is not great, but I didn't expect it would be. Actually, the greatest delaying factor seems to be the processing of sounds. I turned off some alert sounds to see if that helps.

I use a flexible-tip Point•Mobl stylus for long-hand note-taking on my iPad, and handwriting recognition in the Einstein app is quite good. (I use manuscript rather than cursive).

I'll try installing a variety of apps to see what works.

If testing anything in particular is important in the development of Einstein, Matthais will let us know. I'd ne happy to give it a shot.

Cheers!

Greg
Greg Hankins
Happy Hank's Honey House