[NTLK] OMP Battery Tray Conversion

Greg Hankins greg at greghankins.com
Wed Nov 26 23:53:00 EST 2014

Some time ago, Frank wrote this:

"... it is very easy to convert a standard alkaline battery holder into something that the Newton will recognize as a rechargeable pack. This takes only a fraction of the time and has the additional benefit that the cells can henceforth be replaced in almost no time."

I'd be grateful for thoughts on how to accomplish this. Having recelled an eMate battery pack, I am familiar with the gizmos (technical term) used in that unit to prevent overheating. Are similar sensors a necessary part of converting the OMP battery tray to a rechargeable unit? What sort of rechargeable cells would be recommended?

Thanks!

Greg
--
Greg Hankins