[NTLK] Newton 2100 with unremovable password

Josh Campbell steele.campbell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 21:37:25 EDT 2014

Alrighty, so here is the story about this:

I purchased the Newton off eBay. The device, a 2100, has a numeric password (which I thought I could easily remove via a hard reset!)

What is odd is twofold: one is that doing the reset button+power button reset doesn't work. I have tried it a dozen times over. More interestingly is that it has an Astra Merck asset tag. I don't want the data (obviously) but I would really like to resuscitate it.