[NTLK] SMTP MailV Woes

Stephen Hankins ghankins at mac.com
Fri Oct 31 22:45:35 EDT 2014

Hi All!

I have MailV set up to receive IMAP mail over wifi and all is working great.

However, I can't seem to get outgoing SMTP mail to work. My best result have been using Port 25, which is non-SSL at my provider. I installed the debug version of MailV and produced the log file below. I'd be grateful for any interpretation that might point out the source of my problem.

It appears to me that MailV is talking to the SMTP server, there's an ongoing negotiation, and then something untoward happens which results in a disconnect.

Any thoughts or analysis welcome.

MailV log file -SMTP Send

:SendRequest{<1> cause: 'user, cursor: {<2> _parent: @2023, things: [<3> {<4> +205689037}], index: 0, validTest: nil}}LoginToHost
remoteAddr = smtp.secureserver.net:25

{<1> mailTextEncoding: 'windows-1252, outboxLogging: 'save, mailCard: true, mailFiltersEnabled: true, mailDebugLogIO: true, mailautodisconnect: true, mailSign: true, mailDebugToNotes: true, dontAutoPutAway: 'never, autoStatus: true, mailDebugLogStd: true, mailCc: nil, mailTextOnly: true, mailFilters: [<2> ], mailSound: 'whackyBeep, outboxFiling: 'vMail sent, mailDebugToVF: nil, inboxFiling: 'same, mailPutAwayApp: 'paperroll, mailMode: 'batch, mailDebugLogAc: true}

SMTP: 220 p3plibsmtp01-05.prod.phx3.secureserver.net bizsmtp ESMTP server ready
EHLO [192.168.0.253]
SMTP: 250-p3plibsmtp01-05.prod.phx3.secureserver.net hello [184.1.64.104], pleased to meet you
SMTP: 250-HELP
SMTP: 250-SIZE 104857600
SMTP: 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
SMTP: 250-8BITMIME
SMTP: 250 OK
ExceptionHandler{<1> name: 'evt.ex.fr.type;type.ref.frame, data: +205823724, debug: 'InputScript}HandleError 205823724QUIT
SMTP: 221 2.0.0 p3plibsmtp01-05.prod.phx3.secureserver.net bizsmtp closing connection
smtpInputSpec completionScript: -36003HandleError -36003nil
All done - releasing inet link.

Cheers!

Greg
Greg Hankins