[NTLK] [ADMIN] Update on Proofpoint blocking

Grant Hutchinson grant at splorp.com
Tue Apr 14 10:56:08 EDT 2015

Hello everyone.

Ok, this really isn't much of an update, as Proofpoint is still blocking the IP address of the NewtonTalk server. Messages are still not being delivered to list members with mac.com, me.com, and icloud.com email addresses.

I have made significant changes to the configuration of the mailing list which should reduce the number of spurious, spam-like messages bouncing from our server. However, this doesn't seem to have appeased Proofpoint, as they have stopped communicating with me via email and the IP address remains blocked.

I'm not sure how to escalate this within their company, as they only provide a single automated webform for reporting false positives.

I'll keep you folks updated as things progress.

Again, thanks for your patience.

g.