[NTLK] iOSEinstein 1.1.0 (13.0) is now available

Forrest newtonphoenix at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 3 02:18:51 EST 2015

Marisa:

This might have been covered before, somewhere else, and I’ve missed it.

Is there a way to apply the Y2K patch to this ROM, essentially making it 711000? I can’t set the date on my iOS copy of Einstein (it keeps reverting back to 1997), and I think this would also fix the sound loop issue.

I know that in Android, to install a package in Einstein you simply add it to the Downloads folder, typically on either the internal (emulated) or external storage card. Einstein “sees” it and applies/installs the package (as required).

I’ve tried copying the 711000 package files to iOSEinstein Documents under File Sharing—the same way you add a ROM image—but it doesn’t work, there’s no way to install those packages, and it’s not automatic.

I’m going to try and rename the 71100 ROM file to 717006, and see what happens.

Thanks,
--Forrest

"The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate technology, led them into it in the first place."
--Douglas Adams