[NTLK] MP2100 WiFi issue w/ Farallon card

R A Parker RAParker at Newted.ORG
Thu Jan 1 01:55:00 EST 2015

The way the WiFi card is reacting indicates a WEP Auth error.

So... Question?

Are you using "Open" or "Shared" WEP key on your WiFi settings? This needs to be "Open" even though your first inclination is "Shared" (because you think you are sharing the key.)

On Wednesday, December 31, 2014 at 2:44 pm Blake Patterson wrote:

> My home WiFi network is the Apple
> AirPort Extreme that's locked down
> with WPA2

You should set to WEP or None, not WPA.

> so I hung my older D-Link
> DLG-4500 "Gaming Router" off a
> switch on

> the LAN and have it wide open
> testing purposes (tried WEP with no
> success, so opened it up).

Double check that you are set to "Open" and not "Shared" key.

Obviously must match. WEP not WPA. Open not Shared.

--
Sent with Mail V and a Wireless MessagePad 2100.
--
       |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM