[NTLK] MP2x00 Internal Interconnect Breakout

Jake Bordens jake at allaboutjake.com
Sun Jan 18 18:12:58 EST 2015

I have posted the source to "Internal Serial Enabler" - a small newton app
that allows you to view and control a few of the signals of the internal
serial slot on the MessagePad 2x00.

Once again, I can't credit Eckhart Köppen enough for posting the source to
Newton-Blunt-Support <https://github.com/ekoeppen/Newton-Blunt-Support>.
It is how I learned to call arbitrary ROM functions.

This application is intended for developers working on hardware for the
internal serial slot.  If you are not such a person, do not install this
application.   It should be harmless for a Newton with an empty internal
serial slot.  Even still, you are toggling hardware signals with
undocumented ROM functions... there is the potential to do hardware damage.

You can find more info and a screenshot here:
http://retronewton.blogspot.com/2015/01/posted-to-github.html

Seriously, you don't need this.  There are a handful of people for whom
this will be useful. If you're not one of them, then move along-- nothing
to see here.

Jake