[NTLK] Newton Mp2x00 Extract the ROM, request for help

Sylvain Pilet sylvain at pilet.net
Fri Jan 30 00:41:58 EST 2015

Hello to everybody,

One of you could help me to solve a problem with a special ROM of MP2000.
This ROM is a different version from that of the MP2x00US or MP2x00DE, because it is the version FR (French).
The problem is that I can not install packages on this Newton.
This ROM is installed in a MP2000 named "Watson" (you already have to know).
I have several Watson in my archives…

This ROM is a Version F2.1 (F1-037)-1 on Watson.
But if we install the ROM in a MP2000US she changes Version, and becomes one 2.2.00-0 ! (or if removing the special communication card which is in the Watson)

The debugging Applications does not work on this ROM, to see the pics:
http://www.message-pad.net/Watson/Pics/Watson-ROM1.jpg
http://www.message-pad.net/Watson/Pics/Watson-ROM2.jpg

I would like to extract the ROM, but I do not see how.
You have an idea?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sylvain Pilet

- A P P L E  N E W T O N -