[NTLK] Re-celling G3-era laptop batteries -- DON'T THROW OUT THE OLD BATTERIES!

Steven Frank stevenf at panic.com
Wed Jul 15 13:16:29 EDT 2015

Wow, thanks for all the info!

It looks like most of the places that were selling replacements (PowerBook Medic, Newer) no longer have any stock.

I might try BatteryRefill, although the site looks slightly sketchy.  Maybe I should get hold of someone there first and make sure they can still do it.

No way am I going to attempt re-celling myself.  :)  I will end up burning my house down...

There's also this on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/eReplacements-Battery-for-Apple-Powerbook/dp/B000YA9GX8 <http://www.amazon.com/eReplacements-Battery-for-Apple-Powerbook/dp/B000YA9GX8>

The price is right, but why does it say it fits Lombard but NOT Pismo or Wallstreet?  I thought they all used the same battery.

I'll hang onto the dead batteries in BatteryRefill looks like the way to go...

Steven