[NTLK] NewtonTalk Digest, Vol 18, Issue 8

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Tue Jun 9 18:54:33 EDT 2015

On Tue Jun 09 2015 22:54:44, Michael Sheflin wrote:

> Sorry I buried the lead there and can't append my message.  I assume this
> is a purely passive adapter.  Has anyone tried to (physically) look into
> one?  It's possible NewtonSales makes their own and it might not be too
> hard to jury rig cheap(er) ones if someone knew more about the interconnect
> port pins.

Yes, they are purely passive. The problem is that the plugs are no longer available and will not be made, even in larger numbers. I did manage to have 350 *internal* connectors made (minimum order :-/ ), but the external connector is no longer available (maybe they junked the dies).

Maybe with a resin based 3D printer it would be possible to adapt some standard copper contacts into a new connector? This could even integrate the Sub-D nicely.