[NTLK] ProDOS [WAS: "Re: [OT] WWDC 2015, any NTLKers there?"]

Dennis Swaney romad at mac.com
Thu Jun 11 10:37:57 EDT 2015

Actually, the Apple II series (and Apple III) were NOT Macs. However, it
was only the high demand for the Apple II line that kept the Mac project
alive as it was hemmoraging (sp?) money for years. The Apple IIGS was a GUI
based Apple II and was ahead of the Mac by being in color when the Mac was
only grayscale. Given the Apple II installed base, the IIGS should have
been what took over the enterprise community as it was way ahead of PCs.
Unfortunately, Apple was pouring every bit of revenue and R&D funds into
getting the bugs out of the Mac and starving the Apple II line. There was a
fourth product line that also failed but was later rebranded as a "Mac"
model: the "Lisa"

Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney

"I think, therefore I Mac"