[NTLK] NewtonTalk Digest, Vol 15, Issue 11

Michael Sheflin sheflinm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 12:06:55 EDT 2015

That's very interesting.  I know nothing about using Cardbus in Newton but
I will caveat that I just a few days ago tried to use a PCMCIA > SD adapter
in my Powerbook 5300c.  The adapter, it turns out, while PCMCIA, is not
fully PCMCIA compliant and is also [in fine print] apparently Cardbus
compliant.  I think it screwed up either the power board or something with
regard to the PB's power management.  Luckily now instead of going directly
to the Sad Mac/Chimes of Death it usually just freezes.  In any event, just
a caveat.