[NTLK] Designing an Internal WiFi Board for MP2x00

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Mon Mar 30 22:12:29 EDT 2015

> On Mar 30, 2015, at 10:59 PM, Jake Bordens <jake at allaboutjake.com> wrote:
>
>> Have you tried getting the power supply from somewhere else for testing? Som other source that is not interrupted?
>>

> Sadly, its an affordance I didn't consider when designing the board.  Granted, I could cut traces and such, but its not easily done.  Maybe I'll build a female breakout board and then I'll be able to splice in between the Newton and the wifi board to play around in that way.

The connections in the schematics are the right way. As for the software side, I don;t really have answers to these questions. As I said earlier, even with the serial USB solution, I had flow control issues to the point that it was simply not working. We seem to have issue with flow control, even if all we do is send serial data from a PC (the misery of "slowdown.exe").

I have a feeling that there is something slightly wrong on the MessagePad hardware side. I have seen the domino modem line and I wonder if even Apple knew that something is not working. Was the internal modem ever released? If not, maybe that's exactly why it could not be released?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teW7a8lOwYY