[NTLK] OMP serial connection problems

Andrei Chichak newton at chichak.ca
Wed Nov 25 00:12:26 EST 2015

You have the USB-serial adapter. It probably has a 9 pin D shaped connector on the serial end. If you look really carefully around the pins on the serial side you should see little numbers.

Without even involving the newt, you can connect pins 2 and 3 with a paperclip or something conductive (screwdriver tip). Now in your favourite terminal program open the USB serial port, everything that you type will be transmitted to the paper clip, re-injected into the receive pin and sent back to your PC.

Once you can do this “external loopback test”, then you know that the PC and USB/Serial portion check out.

Andrei