[NTLK] Internal WiFi Project

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Sun Apr 17 05:09:27 EDT 2016

> On Apr 17, 2016, at 3:26 AM, Tony Morrow <gizmo1482 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Apr 15, 2016 6:21 PM, "Matthias Melcher" <mm at matthiasm.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the confirmation. I have still not found out how this is done.
> The OS puts  short pulse on the internal port selector, but there is no
> code that checks for a response. Scratching my head.

Yes. He uses the same chip that Apple uses, so there is a good chance that Apple had this idea as well and added some support in the hardware interface. I have been searching the ROM code hi and lo, but I have not found anything.

However, it is possible that the custom logic chips have some functionality that solves this. For example, when the gpSelect goes low for a few cycles, maybe pulling any of the serial port control lines low or high at the same time tells the hardware, that there is an internal interface, and the hardware keeps gpSel active.

I was able to reproduce this exactly /once/, but never again.

Since I have an internal plug /and/ a coupling, I want to make a PCB with both and attach the digital scope between the SER-001 and the MessagePad. This should hopefully solve the mystery once and for all.

Does anyone have a SER-001 for sale?