[NTLK] OMP screen issue

Chris Wright chriswright at gmx.net
Thu Apr 28 05:51:30 EDT 2016

*drumroll* A real actual Newton problem!

I don't use my messagepads much but I occasionally fire them up and play with them for a bit. This time around however, my OMP has developed a screen issue where the elements flicker and the screen is only really viewable at lowest contrast setting. There are images here of the screen at both high and low contrast:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ei9szv886mo92kp/File%2028-04-2016%2C%2010%2024%2002.jpeg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ypz11wt3u1nr5kd/2016-04-27%2000.16.15.jpg?dl=0

I have new batteries and backup battery; the only thing I noticed this time around was that the contacts in the battery carrier were a little corroded. The problem also happens on mains power so I don't think it's dodgy voltage from the power end.
I've had a quick glance at the archive, but no posts jump out at me, so I'd be interested to know if it's terminal of fixable?

Thanks
Chris

Sent from my iPad