[NTLK] E-Mail addresses in NewtonTalk

NewtonTalk newtontalk at pda-soft.de
Tue Feb 23 17:16:28 EST 2016

> Hi Frank!
>
> I understand it was for me. I so sorry.

Don't worry. You are not the first, and you're unlikely to be the last :-)

You wouldn't believe how many people send the link to the newest hilarious
Youtube video to everyone they happen to have in their address book, instead
of sending it to themselves and putting the others on BCC. That way, all of
a sudden your mail address is in the hands of a couple of hundreds of
people, who won't hesitate to forward it to all people in THEIR address
book. With an estimated world population of about eight billions, it would,
at least theoretically, require but six rounds of forwarding until every
human being on this planet has my E-Mail address. Frightening, somehow :-)

The good news is that humans are still way more intelligent than search
robots. If you were to write something like "Franks E-Mail address is
new12ton34sup56port78 at pda90-soft.de (remove all digits), chances are slim
that anybody could figure out the real address from what the search robot
provides him with.

Cheers

Frank