[NTLK] Dell TrueMobile 1150 won't work with Newton

"Piotrowski Paweł (Newton)" newton at indigi.co.uk
Sun Feb 28 19:46:33 EST 2016

On 28 Feb 2016, at 23:53, Dan <dan at dbdigitalweb.com> wrote:

> While I do not have this card a couple of things come to mind.  Did you
> make sure that the AP does not have any encryption going?  Most
> encryption methods (except WEP) are incompatible with the newton.  First
> I would try not having any encryption going on at all and see if that
> works.  I also would make sure that the SSID is being brodcast (there is
> a option in the AP config to not broadcast the SSID), while that
> shouldn't make a difference, it is one less possible problem.
>
> Are you sure the card works?  Do you have another piece of hardware you
> can test it on?

OK, problem solved ;) The problem was "More WiFi…”. I didn’t know that this Dell card is a Lucent clone, so the basic driver will work fine ;) I deleted “More WiFi…” and now it’s fine - Dell card works! :)

Best regards,
Pawel Piotrowski

NPDS Server: http://applenewton.co.uk (powered by Newton 2100)
NPDS Tracker Server: http://tracker.applenewton.co.uk:3680 (powered by Raspberry Pi)