[NTLK] OT: Wanted - Apple iie parts

Forrest newtonphoenix at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 19 01:54:07 EDT 2016

Hi Ross:

I'm responding on NTLK so that others might add their thoughts as well.

I just did a quick search on eBay for "Apple IIe", which provided listings for a couple of complete keyboards, as well as one for just the keycaps.

However, perhaps you'd consider purchasing a IIe listed as a parts machine.

For almost 10 years I'd been looking for a replacement keyboard for my Apple IIc. The whole part was bad--most but not all keys worked--and even after many attempts at cleaning it (including yes, the dishwasher!) I decided it was not salvageable. A few months ago I decided to just "bite the bullet" and find a parts machine on eBay, which also provided me with other parts for any future needs.

I would suggest you do the same.

Depending on your budget you could probably get a compatible IIe for parts for $50 or less. You'd also now have a source, however incomplete, for other needs in the future.

Hope this helps.

Forrest

Sent from my T-Mobile iPhone 6 Plus