[NTLK] NewtonPress?

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Tue Mar 8 15:35:49 EST 2016

Well Newton Press generates NewtonBooks, and considering that every
Newton can read them, I would say it is the preferred format.  However
the main decision with Press is which screen size to use.
Classic/universal will be readable on all formats, but some people
prefer being able to use the full size of a 2x00 so I would suggest
making two books one in classic and one in 2x00.

You can create multi-format/screen sized books in one file with
Bookmaker but the learning curve is higher and you need the
newtontoolkit installed (it creates the actual book file from the file
that comes out of Bookmaker).  You add dot commands to the source
document, but once you get the hang of it, it is faster than Press if
you plan on creating a table of contents.

There is a third option, but I forget the name of the program (sad isn't
it?  I should remember).  It creates in its own book format so it needs
the reader pkg with it (although you should only need to have that in
one book on your newton, I recall having trouble for some reason unless
it was included in every book).  And generates a table of contents on
the fly, change the font or size, along with reflowing the text to fit
any screen size on the fly.  It also cannot have graphics.  Ahh I
finally remembered: paperback http://www.thefedors.com/pobox/  Some
people loved Paperback, and for book creation it is certainly fast, but
for looks sake, I liked Newtonbooks far better.  I also prefered the
universal size for reading

-Dan