[NTLK] How to connect your Newton to an ultra-fast 64 bit Windows 7 PC without using additional hardware or slowdown.exe

Doug ispinn at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 13:31:57 EDT 2016

> Since this will be beneficial to many Newton users,
> please post you findings  here, including your Windows
> version and where, if at all, you found the "Maximum
> processor state" setting.
>
> Cheers
>
> Frank

Frank,

I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy! Nonetheless...

...here's my system specs:

W7 Ultimate, SP1, Gateway, Intel i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz

...and here's my findings on the setting's location:

Windows key, type "power options"
Open Power Options
The Power Options window appears
Power saver - click the link for "Change plan settings"
Click the link for "Change advanced power settings"
Click the + next to "Processor power management"
Click the + next to "Maximum processor state"
Click the "Settign: 100%" non-link-looking link

I'm so used to Apple's generally clean, elegant
organization that this variety patchwork of hidden,
obscure links, +s, and tabs seems really sloppy.

Doug