[NTLK] The Oasis NPDS update - Archived for the future!

Doctor Clu drclu at swbell.net
Sun May 22 04:43:11 EDT 2016

The Oasis NPDS has been internet archived!
https://web.archive.org/web/20160522074244/http://99.88.169.88:8080/html/index.html

Fully archived, and the youtube playlist comes up on that.

Here is the screen shot complete with green backlight!!
https://web.archive.org/web/20160522081819/http://oasisnewt.ddns.net:8080/html/screen.html

You can also see how it all got started in it's humble beginnings:
https://web.archive.org/web/20150711152042/http://oasisnewt.ddns.net:8080

:D

Came a long ways.  If we don't get this spammer problem resolved, the website will always be up now in archive form, and as long as I have that youtube account, that playlist will be playable.  :D

I think on NPDS site we should have internet archive snapshots like this linked so that we can see what Newton's are capable of.

For example, if not for the archives I would not have seen that Genghis's NPDS site had a window on his site that played a YouTube video.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120104202803/http://genghis7777.no-ip.org/

From that I was able to figure out with the help of those on the NewtonTalk list I was able to make an embedded PLAYLIST and then we had something really cool and media interactive.  We had a Newton ran Internet Radio station!  :D

Anyway, in the last hour and as I've been archiving the site with the NoteServer up I have received 76 spam messages.  :P

I've frozen the Note Server.   Curious to see how the Newton does without it.   Will the Newton stay up without the delay of messages being sent to it, or will it still crash from the spammers trying to access it?

Curious.

At this point, the Newton displays a website, kinda.  You can still page me, you can get the playlist from the link at the top, and you can see my Newton Screen if you hit the screen link in the middle, not the link at the top.

Doesn't automatically play the playlist, but Sylvain and I are seeing what we can do.  :D

Maybe not out, or maybe I am.  Either way, the Oasis will at least live on in all it's beauty on the Internet archive!

Doctor Clu