[NTLK] Can't connect my Newtons...

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Sun May 22 11:04:07 EDT 2016

Very interesting and thanks for sharing.  I suspect it has something to
do with the MAC addresses.  The Apple Time Capsule assigns the address
though DHCP it "hangs on" to that configuration even after the device
disappears.  My thought is the newton tries to get assigned a new
address and the time capsule says "no you are this...." and they have a
disagreement.  But when you change the cards, it changes the MAC and
hence the time capsule thinks you have a totally new device, and
releases the old address.  Then you swap back to the original card which
does this reset again allowing the original setup to be used.

-Dan