[NTLK] Update for Current NPDS Release | NoteServ 2.112 | nHTTPd 2.111 |

Sylvain Pilet pilets at mac.com
Fri May 27 05:28:41 EDT 2016

Hi Grant, Pawel, Pete and all,

In order not to wait a long time (the time I finished the 2.5 release can be long!)

So he brought you a special version of the NoteServ and nHTTPd modules (the heart of NDPS) for the current release of NDPS.

- NPDS NoteServ 2.112
- NPDS nHTTPd 2.111

In these new versions, I add "no-Spam" function in NPDS.
How does it work?
We must activate the Random option in the module [NPDS Setup] Tab: Security, for the "Clients" and that's it!
Now there are in the form (WitheBoard) a password to enter (the CCP for customer Password Curent).
Obviously as the password can not be known by visitors, it is displayed on the home page. You tell me, “it's not very secure!“. Perhaps, but the goal is not to prohibit visitors to post messages but to block spam robots. And it works (tested and approuved by "Doc Clu"!).

!! Do not enable the Random option for the Admin, if you can not enter to NPDS away!!

I also added the SSI <UPTIME> internally NPDS.
Uptime shows the time since the Newton reboot.
For those who already use <UPTIME> remember either of the disable your script in [Script Editor] module or delete it, you'll need!

There is also the SSI <SERVER-UPTIME> that works, it shows the elapsed time since the NPDS restart. This SSI was already in the previous version, but nobody knew (almost). By cons it is not formatted, the result is displayed as 00 00 00 00 (days, hours, minutes ...)

Below the links to download the new versions.

(((Special note for Greg (aka Doc Clu): Do not use this version for OASIS. Your release already contains these options, and is even more advanced.)))

Links:
.img = MacOS Classic Disk Image (Full Sources)
.pkg = Newton Package only (for MacOS 7-9)
.newtonpkg = Newton Package only (for MacOSX with NCX)

http://message-pad.net/NPDS2.1x/Notepad-Server-2.112.img
http://message-pad.net/NPDS2.1x/NoteServ-2.112.pkg
http://message-pad.net/NPDS2.1x/NoteServ-2.112.newtonpkg (for NCX)

http://message-pad.net/NPDS2.1x/nHTTPd-2.111.img