[NTLK] Love Letter to Newton Movie

Noah Leon moosefuel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 10:20:10 EDT 2017

Hi all,

It has been a while since I posted about the film, but things are still moving forward slowly. I would really like to complete the film and release it online by February 27th, 2018, the 20-year anniversary of the discontinuation of Newton.

I have decided to try the following two things:

- Crowdfunding campaign to raise funds on Indiegogo http://lovelettertonewton.moosefuel.media/video/
- User submissions of videos via the website http://lovelettertonewton.moosefuel.media/contribute/

This is not a solicitation for funds, but a request for feedback. I have a couple local interviews I’ve done already (thank you!) and am trying to extend the reach of the project without making it too expensive. I have a spreadsheet of interested people from all over the world, and also Pawel’s map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1MwajIKe6DBexEKzVggsuUKdYAP0&hl=en&ll=-3.81666561775622e-14%2C-6.482095450000088&z=1 <https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1MwajIKe6DBexEKzVggsuUKdYAP0&hl=en&ll=-3.81666561775622e-14,-6.482095450000088&z=1> as a guide to how big this project actually is.

What I would really appreciate is some feedback on the crowdfunding video here: http://lovelettertonewton.moosefuel.media/video/ as well as feedback about the name of the film and the concept in general, and if anyone wants to contribute video content or has any questions about how to. I want everything to be clear and well thought out before anything launches officially. I welcome all ideas and video contributions, and since this is a labour of love, a fun project and above all an homage to Newton, I welcome any contributions or feedback.

Basically, the film is to be a series of interviews and fun or interesting stories about the Newt, and should culminate in a one or 1.5 hour documentary which will be inexpensive and free for all participants, with money raised after completion going to a good cause. Any extra content will be part of a website, or even could be archived on UNNA. I chose “bethematch.org <http://bethematch.org/>” as the charity to benefit from any sales after the film is finished, because of Steve Capps, the Newton developer who made an appeal recently in the Handheld event at the Computer Museum, but that is not set in stone and I am open to suggestions.

Finally, for the crowdfunding campaign, I was wondering what people perceive as a reasonable amount. I’m not asking newtontalk.net <http://newtontalk.net/> members to contribute, I am hoping the project will capture a larger audience’s imagination and that once launched, people will spread the word.

If this is OT please let me know, but I am still really excited about this project and welcome any contributions or feedback on or off-list.

Thanks.
noah