[NTLK] Love Letter to Newton Movie

Grant Hutchinson grant at splorp.com
Wed Apr 19 17:56:25 EDT 2017

Hey Noah.

> Grant, you’re right, that name change would make more sense. I’ll check if I can change my website, etc., but I think it’s completely do-able. Henceforth let it be known as Love Notes to Newton.

Very cool. Thanks for considering the change.

> I really love the gallery of Newts around the world, I had totally forgotten about Newted!

I still run the site, but it's original goals have been supplanted by other resources and communities on the web.

> I wonder if it would be OK for me to use those photos in a montage in the film?

Hmmm ... probably. The original (rather loose) agreement with the people who submitted photos, was that they would be credited where appropriate. As long as those names are mentioned somewhere in the film credits or on the site, I don;t think anyone would have issues with there re-use.

I have all of the original submitted photos (not resized) sitting on my hard drive, by the way.

> I would also be interested in any footage from the 90’s or early 2000s that anyone might have related to the Newt. I realize it’s a long shot, but I know I have some short clips. Ok, one clip.

Like Modeminos?

http://youtu.be/teW7a8lOwYY

There are a number of Computer Chronicles episodes that mention the Newton in the Internet Archive.

https://archive.org/details/computerchronicles?and[]=newton

g.