[NTLK] OT: Cell phones

Forrest newton_phoenix at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 31 17:34:58 EST 2017

<snip>
“As strange as it might seem (being the deep-rooted technology hound that I am), I didn’t get my first cellphone until 2007 ... and it wasn’t even the iPhone. It was an LG Chocolate.”

Yeah I would agree that the iPhone really opened up the floodgates, but it was also all the other companies that introduced their own new phones that helped.

I had a BlackBerry Curve and I really liked it, but I soon grew very tired of the trackball issues—got full of dirt, even after cleaning would not scroll properly or at all—and that made me switch to an iPhone 4 in 2011. It was like a touchscreen phone with a broken display, only worse—and useless. You could see the icon on the display but couldn’t...QUITE...get there.

Mahalo,
Forrest

Sent from my T-Mobile iPhone 6S Plus