[NTLK] Using a wavelan for file transfer

Tony Morrow gizmo1482 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 20:40:46 EST 2017

On Feb 2, 2017, at 6:48 PM, Rufus Kohn <rufuskohn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can someone give me some directions
> I work on an eMate 300. I have a Lucien wavelan silver card installed and recognized.
>
> What I would like to do is to transfer text files over the wifi.
> At the moment I use the keyspan serial USB adaptor and it works on the latest OS X   But the Mac does crash occasionally during the process.
> For this reason I installed the drivers for the wavelan. But where I go from here? I really appreciate direction the a working way to get my files on my Mac.
>
> I have some more old macs lying around so is the newest Mac OS has no solution I can put a machine in between.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Rufus Kohn

Tony Kan has a great guide about getting a Newton connected wirelessly. I suggest starting there and making sure WiFi works.
<http://myapplenewton.blogspot.com/2008/08/going-wireless-setting-up-wifi.html>

For transferring text files, NCX by Simon Bell is still the best option on OSX. <http://newtonresearch.org/connection/index.html>
In the zip file, along with the NCX application, there is a folder called “Newton Packages” that contains 2 packages you need make docking work over Ethernet/WiFi; Dock_TCP-1.2-en.newtonpkg (or the DE version for German) and EthernetDock.newtonpkg. You will need your serial connection to get the packages over to the Newton like you did for the WaveLan drivers.

Tony Morrow
http://lookanotherblog.com