[NTLK] [ADMIN] List Stats - January 2017

Forrest Buffenmyer newton_phoenix at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 5 16:05:00 EST 2017

On Saturday, February 4, 2017 at 5:33 am Morgan Aldridge wrote:

> I personally disagree with that statement as I know how many iPad 2s are still in the world doing good work and running the latest version of iOS (and I'm personally still using an iPad mini [2] with Retina display as my primary computer).

+1 (at the least) on that, Morgan.

I'm using an iPad Pro 9.7'' with 128GB RAM and a ZAGG SlimBook Ultrathin Case (with detachable backlit Bluetooth keyboard--that's a mouthful!) as my daily computer. As such, it has almost ccmpletcly replaced my venerable MacBook Pro.

(The ZAGG unit is plagued by an inferior plastic hinge mechanism that cracks over time. I designed a metal sort of bracket that fits over the damaged hinge area, restoring functionality.)

I also use the Apple Pencil with the MyScript Nebo app. While it's not as good as the Newton, overall I have been pleased with the results.
--
Thanks,
--Forrest