[NTLK] Advice needed on what to keep for Newton

Forrest Buffenmyer newton_phoenix at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 9 01:47:00 EST 2017

On Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 11:49 am Dennis Swaney wrote:

> My retired computers are:
> iMac G4 (Flat Panel)
> iMac G3 Rev B (Bondi Blue)
> SuperMac C500 w/Sonnett G3 card
> PowerBook 145B
> Macintosh LC w/IIe Card
> Apple IIc w/ Applied Engineering Z-RAM Ultra III card.

Hi Dennis,
I know this is reolly off-topic... but I sow you have the very same Apple IIc Setup as I do.
Are you or have you ever used Appleworks 2.0? By scouring the Internet I was able to find the proper software to set up and implement the AE card. I was particularly excited about using it with AppleWorks to time-stamp a journal I've been writing... but in signing in on boot-up it asks for a date "larger than 86," which is when I gather the AE software is/was written. Well, obviously 16 (as in 2016) is less than 86, so it kecps kicking me out. I've looked for a patch to fix this, but nothing so far.
Ideas?
--
Thanks,
--Forrest