[NTLK] "QuickView" docsets

Jake Bordens jake at allaboutjake.com
Mon Feb 13 20:56:14 EST 2017

Thanks Grant.  It doesn’t run under OS9 in SheepShaver, but does run on 7.5.5 in Basilisk.

Seems like the dv files do contain a nice, indexed hypertext version of the developer docs.  Would love to be able to extract the content to HTML and make a Dash docset, but I don’t think that’s possible.

Quickview was by a company named Altura and I think it might be the same file format as “Microsoft Multimedia Viewer”.  We’re talking windows 3.1 era stuff here.  I don’t think there are any converters that survive to this day, (if any ever existed at all).

Oh well.
Jake

On 2/13/17, 3:35 PM, "newtontalk-bounces at newtontalk.net on behalf of Grant Hutchinson" <newtontalk-bounces at newtontalk.net on behalf of grant at splorp.com> wrote:

    > On 2017-02-12, at 4:30 PM, Jake Bordens wrote:
    >
    >> No rush, but if you don’t mind sending a Stuffit Archive my way, I’d like to play with it.
    >
    > I'll definitely do that. I just need to transfer the file over to one of Classic Macs to stuff it.

    Here you go, Jake.

    http://splorp.com/download/QuickView.hqx
    http://splorp.com/download/QuickView.sit

    g.