[NTLK] [ADMIN] Heads Up: NewtonTalk Server Migration

Grant Hutchinson grant at splorp.com
Mon Jan 23 12:37:56 EST 2017

Hello list.

Media Temple is migrating the NewtonTalk account to a new server over the next couple of days. Normally this wouldn't be a concern, but the last time this occurred, a whole bunch of settings affecting the operation of this mailing list were screwed up.

Like, really screwed up.

http://lists.newtontalk.net/pipermail/newtontalk/2014-January/011111.html

With any change that involves servers and data, things are likely going to break. Hopefully, we won't experience any issues with this server migration, but chances are there will be short gaps in the availability of the list and the website over the next 48 hours.

If the list is affected, I will be posting status updates via the NewtonTalk Twitter account:

http://twitter.com/newtontalk

Thanks in advance for your patience and support.

Onward!

g.

Grant Hutchinson
NewtonTalk List Dad & Web Custodian